We created content on topical, common interest topics related to their target market. This includes improving your credit score, budgeting, everyday expenditure (food, energy/other household bills), and typical money-related habits. There was a particular focus on YMYL content and ensuring that we provided factual, clear information to present Ocean Finance as a trusted resource for the target audience.
Given our thorough experience creating campaigns for the Financial Services sector, we are well aware that journalists tend to favour quicker, reactive campaigns – especially as the news landscape for personal finance is so fast-paced.
By building this strong catalogue of highly relevant and authoritative content, data, and commentary, and also utilising Ocean Finance’s blog, we were able to react quickly to the news landscape with credible and helpful campaigns.
On top of this, our output included creating and outreaching several large-scale, data-led content campaigns. As these campaigns tend to be more evergreen and have various angles, we have been able to both outreach them throughout the year. Thinking strategically and creating unique data allowed us to get the most mileage out of every campaign.
Our expertise also allowed us to predict the expert commentary requests personal journalists would require regarding a change in the personal finance news landscape.
Following Google’s core algorithm update in January 2020, the client witnessed a -53% decrease in website visibility, which in turn impacted their organic traffic. We completed a full analysis of this decrease and worked on several improvements to the site to turn this around, which included:
- Removing keyword stuffing from web pages
- Consolidation of landing pages of a similar topic or keyword variations
- Submitting a disavow file of paid links from previous SEO efforts
- Improving content specifically on ‘bad credit’ landing pages for improved E-A-T, adding more informational content and reduction of ‘sales-heavy’ content
- Research of user behaviour and added FAQ accordions to pages
- Consolidation of topical blogs into evergreen guides within their appropriate category
- Creation of evergreen guides to inform the user of their best option